The type of hematoma depends on where it appears in the body. The location may also help determine how potentially dangerous it is. The types of hematomas are:
· Ear hematoma: An aural or ear hematoma appears between the cartilage of the ear and the skin on top of it.
- Subungual hematoma: This hematoma appears under the nail.
- Scalp hematoma: A scalp hematoma typically appears as a bump on the head.
- Septal hematoma: Usually the result of a broken nose,
- Subcutaneous hematoma: This is a hematoma that appears just under the skin,
- Retroperitoneal hematoma: This hematoma occurs inside the abdominal cavity
- Splenic hematoma: This type of hematoma appears in the spleen.
- Hepatic hematoma: A hepatic hematoma occurs in the liver.
- Spinal epidural hematoma: This term refers to a hematoma between the lining of the spinal cord and the vertebrae.
- Intracranial epidural hematoma: This type of hematoma occurs between the skull plate and the lining on the outside of the brain.
- Subdural hematoma: A subdural hematoma occurs between the brain tissue and the internal lining of the brain.
Suffering From Pain?